Tuesday 1 December 2015

Nanowrimo wrap up.

This is it, my final post about Nanowrimo until next year. And I am very happy with what I managed to accomplish. This year I wrote a total of 52,057 words, and my novel is still not over. I still have a little less than 10,000 words left to write.

So the big question is, am I going to edit this and try to publish it? The answer is yes. I am going to finish the first draft, and edit it. But I will not be trying to get it published. I know the idea is not original enough for publication. However there is no rule that says I can't publish it online for you guys to read.

So when then novel is finished, I'll be putting it on my figment account and you all can read it there. When it's ready which won't be late into the new year, I'll let you guys know, and I'll give you a link to where you can read it.

After Nano was done I began to realize something. I really want to be a writer. I want to write novels, and stories and stuff for the rest of my life. Due to personal circumstances I am unable to return to school next semester, so the next semester will be focusing on writing, and getting my work out there.

Once I have a lot more pieces finished to my liking, I'll begin posting them onto a tumblr that I will be creating, and I'll give you guys the link to it when it's ready and has something on it.

But back to Nano. This year has been a lot of incredible firsts. I went to my first write in, I won for the first time, I wrote alongside other people for the first time. It's been amazing. I never knew how much I loved being able to have other writers to communicate with, and to work with. I hope to keep those friendships that I made through the course of this month.

It's a little bittersweet Nano being over. I came home from the write in, and I wanted to write more. Instead I went to sleep because it was like two in the morning. But I'll keep plugging away at this novel and who knows. It may be my first finished manuscript. I do have a ton of other ideas I want to write, with more time, those ideas will be my focus.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, and happy writing to you. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I think it's great that NaNo is inspiring so many people. I hope you follow your dream and that you publish your novel so we can read it. =)
    Katie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It will happen, I just need to write, and write, and write.

      Delete