Wednesday 16 December 2015

12 Days of Christmas Day 3: Christmas Shopping.

Alright, so living in the city, I have a bit of an advantage when it comes to Christmas shopping. And I wanted to get a dear friend of mine, plus my dad something really unique for Christmas.

For years my family has talked about making sushi. My dad and I both really like it, and making it is a lot of fun. But nothing has been done apart from talk. So I decided to get my dad everything he needs to make sushi. I picked up the  and the bamboo roller from the Pacific Mall, and I'll be picking up the proper rice and the nori paper from the grocery store later on.

The next gift I needed to buy was for a dear friend of mine. We've been close ever since grade ten. And I wanted to get her something very special for Christmas. She's talked about travelling to Japan for years. But due to money, and stuff, she hasn't been able to go. So I'll be bringing her a bit of Japan. Now, I did ask her about what she specifically wanted when it came to these gifts.

I picked her up a tray of assorted flavoured mochi, a bottle of ramune, and a poppin cookin set that her and I plan to do together. This girl is a sweet heart, and she has been through so much. Right now she has degenerative disk disease in her back, on top of all of other health problems she has. So hopefully this will cheer her up a little bit.

But this trip wasn't just made for others, I also decided that I needed to try bubble tea for the first time. Since I went up with a friend who's had bubble tea, I got her to pick for me, and just drank it. Bubble tea is a milk tea with tapioca pearls in it, and honestly, I was really impressed. I didn't think I would like it. But I love it.


Of course I have more gifts to give people, but those I'm making, so you'll have to wait and see what they are.
I hope you guys enjoyed this, and I'll see you all tomorrow.

Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment