Monday 21 December 2015

12 Days of Christmas: Gift DIY

So, every year because of my small budget I end up making quite a few gifts. It's a fun, and more affordable way to give this holiday season. If you want detailed instructions on how I made everything, let me know, and I'll make either a whole blog post about it, or a downloadable PDF file. But for now, here are the gifts that I made.

For my mom, I wanted to knit something. I always want to knit something. And any excuse to practice is a good enough reason for me. So I'm knitting my mom a set of coasters, as well as maybe some cloths or towels if I have time. For now, I know I can get the coasters done.

For my aunts, I've made an oatmeal bath soak. Sadly my mother took my idea for a spa kit, so I'll have to add my little gifts to hers. As well as I have some little hand made bags, and little tags that I made to go with them.

My dad is less of a home made gift, but a combination of some things that I bought. I got my dad everything he needs to make sushi. In this little package, I'll be including a way to make sticky rice with regular rice. That way he doesn't need to wait for me to come home with a bag of rice all the time.

And lastly my grandmother. My grandmother and I share this addiction to chocolate, and usually for every holiday I go out and buy her fancy chocolate. But not this year. This year I am making her truffles. I'll be sharing this one more when I do all of my Christmas baking tomorrow.

As well, I decorated the Christmas tree, so it's been a busy day. So you can have a bonus picture of the tree that I had to decorate by myself. I'm the only one in the house that is super excited for Christmas. And I guess that's okay. I'll spread the Christmas cheer all around.

Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment