Sunday 13 December 2015

Yoga Practice Update.



So, I've been doing a 30 day yoga challenge on top of writing through out the month of November, and I feel like I've done a pretty good job with keeping up with it.

I only missed one day, and for me doing any sort of challenge is difficult. I have a bit of a short attention span, so me doing something every day is a little bit tricky. Once it's a habit I'm fine, but it's getting to the stage of making it a habit that's tricky.

But I managed to complete this challenge too, again despite being sick. But being stuck in bed for most of the day, it felt really good to get up and move my body just a little bit.

The challenge was an at home yoga practice video series on youtube through Yoga with Adriene: here. And I love the way she teaches. Adriene is fun, and doesn't take herself too seriously, plus throughout the practice she gives you a lot of options based on where you feel your practice is for the day. And options are always a plus.

Some videos she moves through the poses pretty quickly, other days you sit in a pose for a while. And it's something I really enjoy. On her website you can find a link to this free 30 days of yoga signup, which she sends you an encouraging email along with the video and I believe a link to download the video as well. But to be totally honest, I'm not sure. I just follow all of the videos through youtube. If you do take the email subscription route, let me know how it went for you.

On her website she does have other yoga challenges, but those all cost a bit of money. But if you have the money, I would say why not give it a try.

I do plan on keeping up with the yoga every day thing after this challenge. I love yoga, and I one day would love to get my yoga teacher training. But that's very far off into the future. For now, I'll stick to my beginners yoga, and keep moving forward on my own journey.

I hope you all have a great day. Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment