Saturday 26 December 2015

Internet Hiatus.

Alright, so I've been thinking about doing this for a while. And what better time than almost two weeks of posting every single day.

I am taking a short, one week online hiatus. No computer, no phone, nothing, for one week. I feel myself addicted to the internet, and I need to pull myself away a little bit, and get back to doing things I love. As you are well aware, there are a lot of things I want to do, and I feel like I never have enough time to do them. But if I take out the internet, I can get a lot of things done.

As well, my mental health has not been so great. Things have been hard, and I might do a whole post about my mental health story if you're interested, but it won't be happening until the far off future. There are things that I am not ready to talk about just yet.

I've also been struggling to come up with creative new ideas. I haven't been blogging for very long, but I find myself a little bit stuck as to where to go from here. I have no idea what to write about, I have no idea what I should share. I remember writing here and it was just me sitting and musing. I might go back to that a little bit. But for now, I want to get projects finished, and hopefully still have time to focus on my mental health, and seriously think about where I am going on this blogging journey.

So this week, here is the list of things I'll be working on.

1. Cosplays.
I've been neglecting this the most. I don't want to be that person who is trying to finish their costume the day before the con. I know I still have a lot of time, but I want to work on getting more of my costumes done. So hopefully this week I can finish something.

2. Book sorting.
I have a lot of books, and I keep adding to this collection. So, this week, I want to go through all of my books, and pick out the ones to either donate, or sell. I need to make more space for more books. I might do the same with my clothes, but I'm not sure yet.

3. Blog posts.
Now, this blog isn't neglected in the least, it's one of my most active forms of social media. But I want to have some more content out and ready to share with you. Whether it be another look book, or a book review or something. So hopefully, I'll be making more things to show you. And hopefully something more original, and creative.

4. Crafting.
As many of you are aware, I would love to start my own etsy shop. Through this week, I want to get a start on making somethings. It won't be much until the summer when I am in my home town, and not in class, but still, I'll do my very best to create as much as I can this week.

5. Read and write.
This one is very important to me. I love to read, and I love to write. But I am not doing enough of either for my liking. So, I'll be writing lots this week, and hopefully reading lots too. That'll mean more book reviews for you to enjoy.

So, I'll be leaving you, and the next time you'll see me is in the new year, that's crazy. January 3rd I'll be back. I hope you guys have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're feeling better soon and that some time away from the internet is helpful. I often feel like this and sometimes real life can end up taking a back seat with all of the ways in which the internet ends up taking over - I hope you've had a lovely Christmas too, will be here when you return! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete