Sunday 3 January 2016

I'm back!

So, I took a one week long internet hiatus to kind of situate somethings, and I'll be the first to admit I did have one night on the computer because I had a con ticket I needed to buy. And surprisingly I didn't get the things I wanted done, but I did a lot of other things.

I went on lots of long walks, I had friends come over, my family did a sushi night. I did read a little bit, I did some knitting, and wrote lots.

Having some time away from the computer and the internet has helped in the ways of mental health, and put things back into perspective. I have lots of ideas for the future, and I feel much more refreshed.

However, I will be doing this internet hiatus thing twice a year, once in the winter, and once in the summer. I think it's hugely important to put away the gadgets once in a while. But, I am in no way condemning the use of them. I grew up with the beginnings of the internet, where most families had at least one computer in their home, and I see the use of them. But at the same time I see how they take over.

So I am pleased to say that I have a little bit of a stronger hold on myself, and what I want to do for this little bit of time.

The last week has been incredible with watching movies with the family, and walking through the snow. Just enjoying personal time.

I have one more week in my hometown, and this week I hope to get a few things done as well. Like find my yellow thread so I can actually work on my Bill Cipher cosplay. It's my one regret this week that I couldn't work on that. All because I couldn't find my yellow thread.

But for now I am back on a regular blogging schedule, and I am so glad to be back.












1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! It sounds like you had a lovely time. I try to have a computer-free day once every couple of months, I find it tends to re-align me.
    xx Katie.

    ReplyDelete