Sunday 17 January 2016

Writing and Writing Updates.

So, I've mentioned several times that I love writing. And I've been doing a lot more writing lately, and that makes me very happy. So, let me show you what I've been working on.

Well, first is my Nanowrimo novel. At the end of the month, the story was not finished. And I am still deciding if I am going to finish it. It has been difficult to sit there and write considering I was writing it in a bad place. For now I am putting it aside, and maybe I'll get around to finishing the first draft.

One thing is short stories and poems. I've been writing a lot of these, and if you want to see some of them and enjoy my writing please feel free to follow my writing blog here. Now these aren't everything I've been writing in terms of short stories and poems.

As I've mentioned in a previous post, I've wanted to make a book of poems, with a CD to accompany it. That I am pleased to say is currently being written. They are love poems, but they aren't all about loving another person. They are all about all kinds of love. I'm probably going to throw in something I wrote about my cat, so you have a bit of an idea. None of these will be able to be read until I have the thing finished though. I would like to have it done in the spring. But seeing as this is an ambitious project for someone who is only 19, we'll see how it goes.

Next is Camp Nanowrimo. Camp Nanowrimo is very similar to the event in November, but these events have a little bit more flexibility in word count. And they take place over the months of April and July. Yes I will be participating, but it's too early to tell if I'll be blogging about them. But if you want me to, I certainly will.

Since I was little, I've wanted to be a writer. And now I feel like that dream may actually happen. It's getting so close I can taste it. All of the advice I ever received from writers that I have met is "write lots." And that's what I feel like I'm finally doing. I feel like this is a lot of writing to be doing. And it makes me very happy.

I know my blog posting has been all over the place, but I am trying to get back on schedule. Thank you guys for sticking with me.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so exciting! I wish you all the best in your writing. Camp Nano sounds interesting, a bit less pressure? July is winter in Australia and I'm always more inspired when it's cold, I think. I'll check it out.
    xx Katie.

    ReplyDelete