Tuesday 26 January 2016

Ore Monogatari full review.

So, I've mentioned that I've been trying to get through a few series this year, and already I've gotten through one. And the series is Ore Monogatari, or My Love Story. And if you want the quick version of this review, the answer is I loved it.
Takeo being Takeo

My Love Story is about a young man named Takeo. Takeo is not your average first year high school. And what makes Takeo different is he is a very tall, very burly looking man who through out the series is mistaken for an adult. Now, Takeo wants to find love, and through middle school every time he would go to ask a girl out, he would find the girl asking out his best friend Sunakawa. However, one day he saves a young girl on the train from a creeper. And his luck with love changes.

The series is so cute, and so sweet. Takeo is such a sweet guy, and the girl he falls in love with Yamato is the cutest thing in the world.

Rinko Yamato. 
I love that this series plays with the trope of the pretty anime boy getting the girl. Instead it's the less conventionally attractive guy wins the heart of the girl. And he doesn't change his appearance at all. He's just himself.

It's such a feel good series that you can watch over and over again. I honestly have only one bad thing to say about it, and that's I wish there was more. The series hasn't been approved for a second season yet. So yes the ending left me wanting more, but the writers probably have other things planned for a second season.

The animation in this series is also beautiful, and is what initially drew me to the anime. But I stayed for the endearing characters, the cute romance, and just the love I have for Takeo and Yamato's relationship. As well, the art for the food Yamato makes is just stunning. Honestly, I would probably rewatch this again just for the cakes she eats.

So if you are searching for a feel good romantic comedy, I highly recommend Ore Monogatari.

No comments:

Post a Comment