Friday 29 January 2016

Fashion Identity.

I've been going through a few changes in my life, especially when it comes to style and fashion. I have no idea what my style is anymore. But I decided to do a trip down memory lane to all of my weird style choices, and where I am going fashion wise.

Wow...goth me. I wasn't allowed to dye my hair at this point
My sense of style didn't really start emerging until high school. And in high school I was into the goth scene. And part of me still is. I loved the interesting fabrics used in goth clothing. And the idea of standing out appealed to me. As a kid, I was always that person people forgot about, and I really wanted to change that. And I thought if I dressed differently, I would get that and people would remember me. Not the case. But I was still very happy.

This is my favourite outfit. I still wear this 
This part of my life took many different forms but still the same aesthetic. When I first started out I was really into more of a punk look. I wanted crazy hair, and in crazy hairstyles. But I was terrified of getting my hair cut. You get one bad hair cut, and you're afraid of ever cutting your hair at all.

Then after a while I moved into lolita fashion. Now, I did a lot of casual stuff, I never did anything that I would deem real lolita. It's an expensive fashion, and I never had the funds to buy anything. So I admired from afar. Until I found kodona.


Kodona was at the point to where I was struggling with my gender identity. And that is still a struggle of mine. But with kodona I could experiment looking like a boy. But I was still too scared to cut my hair off. And I had a lot of fun with kodona. I could look super classy and not have to spend a lot of money. But eventually I did cut all my hair off, and gave kodona another shot. I did however mix it with mori kei.

Then I went on exchange and my whole style did an almost 180. This was the point in my life where I was discovering mori kei, and more bohemian fashions. So I forwent my blacks, purples and reds, for creams, greens and browns. And that went one for a while.

This skirt makes me feel like a fairy. 
Now we get to this point in my life. Where I have no idea what my fashion style is anymore. I've been getting back into the goth scene but in a different way. With mixing pastels, and stuff with black in a more kawaii, pastel goth type style. But at the same time, I still love the greens and browns of mori kei. Regardless of what I wear, I am still going to be a fairy prince. Just different types of fairy prince's.

My biggest issue with having these two drastically different styles is I do not have the money to fund a new wardrobe. But for now, I'll keep playing around with goth, and mori, and kawaii. It's been a fun ride. But right now I don't quite know where to go with my style. I think my next big steps are getting fashion wigs so I can change my looks on a whim.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post with old cringe worthy photos of me as a teenager. Hope you have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post! =D
    My fashion is changing recently as well. I have loved mori for years, but I'm also going back to the pastels and kawaii I liked when I was younger. I'd love to try mori x fairy kei one day!
    xx Katie.

    ReplyDelete