Sunday 31 January 2016

Hexwood Book Review.

Alright, so this review has been a long time coming, and the reason being, it’s been difficult to figure out how to word this. But I’m going to try my best. 

I was given this book a long time ago, and for some reason I could never finish it. As I am powering though it I remember why. It’s so confusing. I wish I could tell you what it’s about, but for me the book reads like a dream half remembered. I can’t piece anything together coherently. 

The worlds are really interesting where I think there is a conspiracy or something going on in the future. And in the current time there is the answer to defeating the villain living in the forest as a young boy who is neither human nor Reigner the other creatures in this world. 

From what I understood of the book the Reigners were people who controlled the whole of this futuristic society, and Mordion defied them, and was sent into exile. What gets really confusing is this guy is also in the Reigner world as well as the modern one. 

Time doesn’t make sense in this world, so things change a lot, and they change really quickly. Our main hero Ann lives in the modern world, but every time she travels into the Bannus they are in a different time and Hume our prophesied hero is a different age every time. 

I feel like this is one of those books you have to read a few times in order to get a handle on it. But it was just too much for me. I did finish it, and I left the book having no idea what was going on, or what at all happened in the book. I personally didn’t enjoy it, and personally didn’t get it.  So this is a really short review but that’s just because I had no idea what was going on in this book what so ever. It was about as organized as this blog post. 

I am really sorry that this post is so difficult to understand. My next review should be a little more coherent. But I really did not like this book, nor could I understand it. But from what I've read from Dianna Wynne Jones, her books are often very confusing and difficult to read. I think the time travel element in the book just made it even harder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment