Tuesday 2 February 2016

January wrap up, and tbr.

Alright, so the hectic month of January is over, and I have my wrap up, and what I’m going to be reading this month. This was a pretty decent month for reading. I’ve been getting out of my slump, and reading a lot more. So let’s go through the books that I’ve read this month. 

Night by Elie Wiesel. I did a classic 101 on this book, and you can check it out: here 

Hexwood by Dianna Wynne Jones I wrote a review for this book and you can read it:here. I was not very impressed with this book, and I found myself going back, trying to understand what was going on through the entire thing.  

I finally finished Game of Thrones, and I will not be doing a review for that one, because you can find a million of them. 

Station Eleven: The review for this book will be posted soon. But as a spoiler for the review, this book was me in book form. I loved it. 

And I listened to The Martian by Andy Weir And I wasn't originally going to do a review, but after finishing it, I have so many thoughts and I want to share them. So look out for that in the future.  

So onto this months tbr. February is a short month, so I have less time for reading. So I’ve picked out three books that I want to read this month. 

Memoirs of a Geisha: I keep putting this one off in favour of other things, I have no idea why though. And there will be a review of this book. 

And maybe the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. I won't be doing anything for this book other than reading it. 

I also might read Of Mice and Men by John Stenbeck. It's a super short book that I remember reading most of when I got to class early one day. It's something I remember really enjoying, and would like to finish. I will be writing a Classic 101 for this book. 

And I’ll hopefully be listening to the Diviners by Libba Bray. I am not entirely sure if I am going to review this book, but if you want me to, I totally will! 

So far for the year 2016 I have read 5/100 books. So I am off to a decent start. Let’s hope I can get more reading done in the next month!. 

No comments:

Post a Comment