Tuesday 5 January 2016

100 Book Challenge+January TBR.

So, for 2015 I'll be the first to admit, I did not read as much as I wanted to. Life just got in the way. But 2016 one of my many new years resolutions is to read more. And this year, I want to read 100 books.

There is a website called the 50 book pledge here and they offer contests and help you track how many books you read. Now for me at least 50 doesn't seem like a lot of books. I want to challenge myself a little more. Through the site you can change the amount of books your read (fact check that). So, I'm going to try and read 100 books this year.

Now, I am not going to be super hard on myself if I cannot complete it. But still, I am going to try.

And in light of this challenge, my tbr posts will change a little bit. They'll include a little wrap up, and how many books I've managed to complete in total, it's not a huge change, but there is something. This will begin when I give you my February tbr pile.

Anyway, onto this months tbr pile!

So, the first books I want to finish are A Game of Thrones by George R.R Martin.... yeah, I'm still not finished it, but I am so determined to finish it this months. The holidays got in my way. As well as Hexwood by Diana Wynne Jones. I was debating not even adding it to this list because I only have 100 pages left, but I'll throw it in there as well. And I will be doing a review on that.

The books I want to read are Memoirs of a Geisha. It wasn't a book that I got around to last month, but I'm getting back into reading more than one book at a time. So hopefully this will allow me to read more books.

The next book I'll be listening to is Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mendel. It was a Christmas gift, and I know nothing about it, other than it takes place in my city! I'll be doing a book review of this book!

And I'll be listening to some audio books. I found with audible it gives you a credit every month! So that's a free book every month, which I had no idea! So, I'll be listening to The Martian by Andy Weir. Since this book is so popular I'm not going to do a book a review on it unless you really want to read my thoughts.

Any way, there is my long list of books to read this month. Hopefully life won't get in the way, and I'll be able to make more time to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment