Sunday 20 December 2015

12 Days of Christmas Day 7: A Christmas Tag.

I feel like challenges like this aren't complete without a tag of some sort, so I browsed the internet, and I found a Christmas themed tag. I hope you enjoy! :) Just like the last tag, I'll post a link to where I got the questions down at the bottom.

1. Favourite Christmas movie?
My favourite Christmas movie is easily Elf. I'm not usually a fan of Christmas movies, the cartoon ones used to scare me as a kid, heck they still scare me. But Elf didn't scare me, and it's also hilarious. What's not to love about a fully grown man who thinks he's an elf?

2. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Yes. I live in Canada, so a white Christmas usually comes around. However this year is not looking so great for the white Christmas thing, but there is still time.

3. Where do you usually spend the holidays?
Usually I spend the holidays at my parents place.

4. What is your favourite Christmas song?
I have a few... I'm pretty picky about Christmas music. I've been doing choir most of my life, and we sing the same few songs every year, and it gets tiring. The ones I love are Gabriel's message, and Last Christmas. They are the only two we don't sing over and over again. BUT if Michael Bublé is singing any of them, then all Christmas songs are my favourite.

5. Do you open any gifts Christmas eve?
Yes! Every year my family goes to my grandmothers house, and we have the big Christmas dinner, and open gifts and stuff. It's a lot of fun. Then Christmas day we are all too full to eat anything, so we snack all day.

6. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Uhh... dasher, dancer, something..., comet, cupid, blitzen, Rudolf... no, no I can't. I did try though.

7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to this year?
I'm kinda looking forward to bringing some Norwegian traditions to my family for Christmas, last year it didn't happen, but this year I am feeling the holiday spirit, so that'll be fun.

8. Is your tree real or fake?
Real.

9. What is your all time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?
My moms side of the family is German, so my favourite is any sort of German Christmas cookie. It's not Christmas without them! As well, I love Rømmegrøt, and hopefully I'll be able to share that with the family this year.

10. Do you like giving, or receiving gifts more?
I like giving gifts. I'm pretty good at coming up with creative gift ideas, especially creative ideas on a budget. I also love making gifts, it gives me something to do to get excited for Christmas.

11. What is the best Christmas gift you've received?
One of the best gifts I've received was a book of Viking poetry when I was in Norway. I still read it quite a bit whenever I'm feeling homesick.

12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday?
Not gonna lie, I wanna go back to Norway, and bring my family with me. I think my family would love Norway. And I could celebrate Christmas with all of my families.

13. Are you a pro present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I try really hard, but I fail so miserably. I generally just stick everything in a bag.

14. Most memorable holiday moment.
I have two from the same night. I was celebrating with my host family in Norway, and the thing I remember most is giving grøt to the nisse in the barn. In Norway, they have nisse which are little elves that help the farmers. And every Christmas families give grøt or porridge to the little elves, and I remember watching the little lantern walking to the grøt and watching my host siblings being super excited about it. As well, as helping my little host sister make butter.

15. What shattered your truth about Santa?
Not gonna lie, I don't really remember what shattered my truth about Santa. My grandmother still likes to believe in Santa. So that's cute.

16. Do you make New Years Resolutions? Do you stick with them?
Every year I make them, and every year I fail. But hopefully this year I'll be able to stick with them.

17. What makes the holidays special for you?
I'm not really sure. Not gonna lie, there is just something warm and fuzzy I like about Christmas, and the holiday season.
Questions: here I couldn't find the original tag, but here is where I got the questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment