Saturday 14 November 2015

Nanowrimo Week 2

Alright, I'm going to do something a little different from last week, because I kept forgetting to record throughout the entire week, so I'm just gonna summarize.

This week has been good writing wise, I've been getting ahead, and it feels good. I'm not super far ahead, but far enough so that I can relax a little bit and not feel too stressed out.

Mentally there have been somethings going on that I may write about in another blog post. But that's for another day.

The first day this week started out super strong with 5,000 words, but I did trail off to about 2,000 each day. Which is still really good. I want to start doing weekly goals as well on this little blog, so the goal I wanted to hit this week is 30,000. And at the end of each post, I want to share with you my word count goal for the week.

I actually feel really good about this year. I don't usually write to win, but this year that's changed. I want to have written the 50,000 words. And I feel much better about getting to that large goal. I've found a schedule that works really well for me, and that's awesome.

Friday I also went to my first write in. I grew up in a small town, and the closest region was still an hours car ride away. This year living in the city, I have been actually able to go do things. It's been a blast.

I was easily the youngest person at this write in, I think I want to go to one of the teen write ins next. At least that way I would have more people to connect with. But despite being the youngest person there, I had fun, and I got a lot of writing done. I also ordered my first Starbucks, and I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't impressed.

Even though I don't get as much writing done in the same span of time as I could on my own, I find I really enjoy going to write ins. Being new to the city, it's a great way to meet people who are into the same things.

So, at the end of this week I hit 30,006 words at the time of this blog post.
This week I want to see if I can hit 45 000 words. I think I can do it. It's a big jump, but there isn't a lot going on at school this week, and I think I can do it. Looks like it's time to get back to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment