Monday 5 October 2015

Welcome to Night Vale Impressions.

So, I have been on this weird HP Lovecraft, creepy kick. It began with the Disney Channel series Gravity Falls, then moved to Over the Garden wall, now, I am listening to Welcome to the Night Vale for the first time.

So, I went into this, knowing only two things. One: it's weird. Two: it's a fictional podcast. So, I listened to the pilot. The pilot talks about a new dog park that opened in Night Vale. And the listener is just kind of introduced to the world of Night Vale.

I honestly had no idea what to expect from this series, but I am really liking it. It's weird, and Cecil's (the narrator) voice is super soothing, and wonderful to listen to. The stories themselves are interesting, and weird. At times a little creepy, but still so good.

One of the things I love is when Cecil announces the weather, they play an indie song. Which is great for those looking for new music to listen. I haven't listened to a lot of it, but I know, what I have listened to, I like. A lot.

If, like me you find yourself zoning out through podcasts, there is a tumblr blog with all of the transcripts of the podcasts. I'll put the link right here so you can go check it out. This link takes you to the last page of the blog, so you'll find the first podcast.

This series reminds me of another blog I wanted to create. Something similar to the idea of the Night Vale. Just a little town, which has weird creatures visiting it, but it all is very normal to the writer. I never got around to creating that blog. But it's still interesting to recall my old ideas.

So, do I recommend Welcome to the Night Vale? Yes, I do. And with this, I have to leave you. So good night readers, good night.

Episode one of Welcome to Night Vale: Link

No comments:

Post a Comment