Tuesday 13 October 2015

Travelling Books.

Books just wanna be free. And book crossing does just that. Over the years, I have found two of these wandering books. One was an Agatha Christie novel when I was on exchange in Norway. The other I found just the other day at my college campus. The book is Star Bright A Christmas Story by Andrew M. Creeley.

Book crossing is an organization in which one takes a book, and just set it somewhere for anyone else to pick up. Inside each book is a code, and you go online put in the code, and you can find where the book as travelled. Then you read the book, and set it out in the world again.

You can track the books journey through this link and you can even see what other books people are "catching." It's such a great concept, and I feel really lucky to have caught two books through this program.

To register a book is totally free. All you have to do is register for a code, download the label, and set the book out. This is entirely free. There are different ways to send out the book, either by giving it to someone directly, leaving it somewhere totally random like at a cafe, or at official "book crossing zones".

The "book crossing zone" is just a specific location where a group of people continually drop books for one another. This kind of dropping usually has some organizing behind it. Regardless of how you find the book, finding one is always kinda special. Or at least to me it feels special.

When I finish this book, I will of course be dropping it somewhere for someone else to find. And I think this book may have slipped onto the bottom of this months TBR. I still haven't decided if I am going to review this book, but when I do decide I will let you know.




No comments:

Post a Comment