Monday 12 October 2015

Thanksgiving Weekend.

Here in Canada, Thanksgiving is in October instead of November like in the states. And this weekend was amazing. It started with a two and a half hour car ride back home from the city, and has ended with the most beautiful nature walk.

Today, my family and I went to the O'Hara Mill. The O'Hara Mill is a pioneer homestead, surrounding it, is a nature conservation area with a bunch of trails. The area is so beautiful, especially now that the leaves are changing colours. It's stunning.

After living in the city for a few months, I begin to miss nature. I miss the stars, and the trees, and the fresh air. I hope to do something like this every time I come home for a holiday. Being in the fresh air is so meditative. I have little else to say, all I have is these stunning photos.

I am rather exited about the rest of my reading week. I have other plans, and I will of course share these adventures with you. 

Tonight, I'll be heating up some apple cider, and sitting out enjoying the stars. Everyone needs a chance to slow down from the busy city life.


 

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely post to read and I can imagine how relaxing the walk must have been. There's nothing nicer than getting out into the forest. Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete