Friday 2 October 2015

My Feelings on Audiobooks.

Disclaimer! Disclaimer! The following post is just my opinions. You are totally entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to mine.

Through audible.com, you can get you first audiobook for free, so I decided to get one. It was free, I honestly had nothing to lose. This was the very first audiobook I had ever listened to. Now, before I listened to any sort of audiobook I always thought I wouldn't like them. And, I am finding that I was right.

The audio book that I chose was Steven King's memoir called On Writing. The audio book is narrated by Mr. King himself, so I know it isn't the narration isn't at fault. Steven King is amazing to listen speak, and him reading his own book is a beautiful thing. Or so I had thought. I find myself listening to the audio book, zoning out. I feel like I would get so much more out of the book if I read it. I feel like I had missed so much of the story.

However, I can see a lot of benefits of audio books. I do enjoy sitting here listening to the book as I do my homework, or draw. As well, as it's perfect to use as background noise for time on the internet. And for people who have long commutes, I can totally understand why people love audio books. But I still prefer sitting and reading.

Story telling will always be a passion of mine, and I want to experience all forms of it. If you are at all curious about audiobooks, go ahead and try them. It's something different, and there are a lot of pros and cons. I don't know if I will be getting any more audio books, but if I do, I will certainly review them.

No comments:

Post a Comment